I have accumulated a serious amount of beauty products after 2 years of birchbox and ipsy. This year, I even gifted my mom with her very own “birchbox” crafted from my many samples for Christmas! Spoiler alert: she loved it. So, here are my top beauty picks for 2016!
- Moisturizer: Skyn Iceland: Solutions for Stressed Skin. I’m in love! After a hot shower, hard workout, or generally tough day, the cool relaxing sensation that I get from this moisturizer leaves my face feeling calmed and nourished.
- Acne Treatment: Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment. This is my go-to product for any trouble spots that pop-up unexpectedly!
- Face Scrub: Befine food skin care Exfoliating Cleanser wth Brown Sugar, Sweet Almond & Oats. It smells good and makes my face feel super smooth!
- Face Wash: Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Gel. I love how it gets soapy but doesn’t irritate my skin when it’s feeling inflamed!
- Face Mask: Befine food skin care Cucumber Facial Mask. My face feels fresh and clean when I take it off- what more could you want from a face mask!
- Makeup Remover: Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover. Doesn’t irritate my skin and takes off makeup without much effort!
- Cream: Maybelline BB Skin Perfector. It matches my skin color and hides any red spots I have!
- Powder: Bellapierre Mineral Blush Autumn Glow. When I first used this, I thought it was magic. My skin looked sun-kissed and glowy!
- Blush: Modelco Peach Bellini Blush. It’s just the right color- I look like I’ve put some effort into my face, but I also don’t look overdone- perfect for a day at work!
- Eyeliner: Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner Black- it works like a marker!
- Eyeshadow: Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator Gilded Honey. The golden color is shimmery, not sparkly, and compliments every look-work, party, weekend hangs, and everything else!
- Mascara: Smashbox X-Rated Mascara Volumizer- it’s not too thick, and it doesn’t miss a single lash!
- Balm: WaxingKara Sweet Lips Organic Honey Lip Balm- I’ve been using this to ward off chapped lips all season!
- Gloss: Cargo Cosmetics “Anguilla” & Hikari Cosmetics “Merlot” intense red mauve. I just love the colors…
- Lipstick: NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Kitten Heels- it’s a red matte with some serious staying power- perfect for a night out!
- Dry Shampoo: amika Perk Up. I love the smell and that it works! No white residue & no thick, dirty feeling!
- Leave-in-Conditioner: IT Haircare 12-in-one Amazing Leave In Treatment. It’s moisturizing and makes maintenance easier than ever!
- Salt Spray: Davines This is a Sea Salt Spray. I just love the smell and it’s great for a last-minute, easy-going look!
- Oil: Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco. For days when I roll out of bed with post-shower wavy hair, it’s the perfect way to give my hair some purpose and some shine when I’m running late!
- Perfume: Coach- it reminds me of my boyfriend!
- Lotion: Stress Relief Eucalyptus Tea Body Lotion. It smells great, and I’m all about aromatherapy lately.
- Scrub: Stress Relief Eucalyptus Tea Sugar Scrub. It makes my skin feel so moisturized and it smells good! I use it as a nice stress-reliever in the shower when I need to!
Let me know if you’ve tried any of these favorites or if you have some tried and true favorites of your own! Here’s to another year of great beauty products!