At the beginning of 2015 I set 15 goals for myself. Some of them were accomplished, some were not, but either way I had a great year. I went on an amazing service trip to the Dominican Republic, finally got promoted to Assistant Director at my job, turned 21 and experienced the “night life,” met my newest baby cousin (Lina), and had an incredible internship experience in Camden. And that’s just the big stuff! It wasn’t all good, but I can honestly say that I am ending 2015 with happiness in my heart, pride in what I’ve done and who I am, and hope that the future can be even better!
Last year, my goals were:
- Read 12 Books ✔
- Cook 12 New Recipes ✔
- Declutter Bedroom ✔
- Go on 4 Hiking Trips
- Write down something good from every day
- Blog at least once a month- hopefully once a week!
- Make an effort to take more pictures (52 week photo challenge?)
- Work out 3 times a week
- See a therapist
- Start substitute teaching
- Create a compost ✔
- Take my Vitamins every day
- STOP BITING MY NAILS
- Run a 5k and a 10k- and maybe one of those mud run type things
- Floss every day
So I know I need to change things up for this year.
- Read 15 books
- Blog at least once a week
- Count calories
- Take my vitamins
- Have “me” time once a week
- Practice yoga at least twice a week
- Run in a race
Less goals should be more manageable- though I know I had good intentions last year! 2016 has a lot of greatness in store for me. I’m starting out the year with a two week trip to India, student teaching, graduating college (!!!!), celebrating two years of love with my boyfriend, being the maid of honor at my cousins wedding, and hopefully getting a real-world teaching job! Here’s to positive, healthy, and successful 2016!
Let me know what you think of the changes I’ve made to my resolutions & what yours are for this year!