Finals week is here and effectively draining my soul of energy. To combat this, I thought I’d share with all of you a list of things I’m excited to try for the summer and life in general!
1) My beautiful backyard garden. It has tripled in size and we have made plans to add so many different plants that I cannot help but be ecstatic about it. This year we’re planning on having: cucumbers, green bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes (large and small), carrots, eggplant, beets, honeydew melons, hot peppers (jalapeno, most likely), spinach, lettuce, and a few herbs (parsley, mint, and basil). I am beyond excited for this backyard adventure and I can’t wait to see what comes out of it!
2) Yoga. I am definitely planning on becoming more involved and devoted to the practice over the summer. I think there are endless benefits to doing it and I want to be more in touch with my body and mind.
3) Reading. My summer reading list might start to get out of control, but I really want to catch up on my reading. One of my professors gave me three books to borrow, and I really want to read more high school level books so I can be more prepared for when I’m a teacher. Plus, what’s better than literature on the beach, or literature with wine, or literature with pizza? Really- the options here are endless and summer is an ideal time to explore!
4) Hiking. Speaking of exploring… I want to get into hiking this summer as well because I love being in nature and there is so much beauty to be found! I find hiking to be really grounding, exhilarating, and satisfying, so hopefully I’ll be able to do some of that.
5) Writing. Taking a creative writing course this semester has really opened up my eyes to how talented I can be at writing, and I definitely want to start keeping a journal and writing poetry and short stories. I might even feel brave enough to enter a few contests!
Basically, this summer I’m looking forward to exploring more of what I love and maybe even finding a new loves along the way. I’ll keep you all posted, of course!